Wednesday 13 May 2009

Rendering Experiment



It wasn't until yesterday while life drawing that I realized I need to slow down again when it comes to rendering. I used to be quite careful and concise about a year ago, but over time I have become slightly careless and perhaps a bit too free. As Usual my artwork needs more form too. So I thought I'd have a look at the work of Govert Bidloo (1649-1713) The Image is taken from the National library of medicine.
If you look closely at his work you will notice he is rendering with line. Very Impressive stuff!
Its a great way to explore the forms of the object and create concise rendered imagery.
However I don't want to grind to a halt and spend several hours over one drawing. So I'm going to mix and match particular techniques to get the most out of my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment